Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Groups - Comments on Phase I Deliverable (eNotary XSD) (Phase-I-Deliverable-Comments.pdf) uploaded

Arshad is right as to my comments.  As John's comments indicate, the
identification of the signer is identical in both paper and electronic
worlds.  What I'm saying, as Arshad pointed out, is that the signer's
credentials should not be in the document.

I think I also mentioned in a previous post that, if data or meta-data like
the Identifying Document ID number (e.g. driver license number) were
included in an electronic document such as a mortgage, it would render that
document un-recordable under many existing laws aimed at keeping "personally
identifiable information" out of the public records.  Since the mortgage
industry is a prime user of notarized documents, for this reason alone, I
wouldn't want a standard that even allowed me to include as an option any of
the credential or authenticating information in the document.

David