Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Notarial certificate always required??

I'm not even sure it would qualify as a "notarized" document.  It's definitely a "witnessed" document, but due to lack of certificate, as you guys have pointed out, it's neither acknowledged nor is it a jurat. As Mark pointed out, this is scope creep.  I'd agree that it could be classified in the "other" category (rightly or wrongly) and let other aspects/applications decide what it is.

David