Subject: [Fwd: [legalxml-enotary] Groups - eNotary XSD 1.0 (DRAFT 5) (ZIPfile) (eNotary-DRAFT5.zip) uploaded]

Folks,

I've just uploaded the latest draft of the eNotary XSD.  There are a
significant number of changes in this version (all improvements IMO),
and I would *strongly* recommend reviewing the entire PDF inside the
zip file *before the TC meeting*, to get a sense of the changes in
this version.

We haven't had any discussions yet about the PRIA/MISMO Notary schema
definition, and how it compares to the OASIS version (with the
exception of John Jones' comments).  It is my belief that the OASIS
schema has gone above and beyond what the PRIA/MISMO schema is capable
of doing, and it is my sincere recommendation that PRIA/MISMO review
the OASIS schema and consider adapting it to their use.  I believe that
PRIA & MISMO will surely benefit from it.  Nonetheless, we can discuss
it at the next TC meeting.

After having reviewed the DSS specification, I modified the schema a
little bit and it documents with a DSS-issued XML Signature can be
used as eNotarized documents. The XML Signature examples in the ZIP
file reflect what a DSS-based eNotarized document would look like.

Here is a summary of the modifications to the DRAFT 5 version of the
XML Schema Defintion.  It:

- reformats the NotarizedDocumentType to now have four (4)
   separate sub-elements:

   1) SignedDocuments, to allow for one or more documents
      being notarized
   2) DocumentSigners, to allow for one or more signers of
      the document(s) being notarized
   3) NotaryCertificates, to allow for one or more notarial
      certificates by one or more notaries public, and
   4) NotarySignatures, to allow for one or more notarial
      signatures by one or more notaries public

- adds a WitnessedDocumentType that addresses a requirement
   for notarized documents that do not contain notarial
   certificates, with the following sub-elements:

   1) SignedDocuments, to allow for one or more documents
      being witnessed
   2) DocumentSigners, to allow for one or more signers of
      the document(s) being witnessed
   3) NotariesPublic, to allow for one or more notaries
      public to store information about their commission, and
   4) NotarySignatures, to allow for one or more signatures
      by one or more notaries public

- adds a global WitnessedDocument element of the
   WitnessedDocumentType
- renames SignerType to DocumentSignerType
- adds a DocumentSignersType to be the container element for
   a set of DocumentSignerType elements
- adds a SignerTitle element to the DocumentSignerType
- adds a PersonTitleType to type-definitions
- removes the IDCredentialType
- removes PersonIdentificationType
- changes SignerID to SignerIdentificationMethod
- adds a PersonIdentificationMethodType to type-definitions
- adds a NotaryBondNumber element to the NotaryPublicType
- adds a NotaryBondNumberType to type-definitions
- adds new enumerations - Attestation and CertifiedCopy -
   to NotarizationActType
- adds an InternationalStateType to type-definitions
- adds an InternationalPostalCodeType to type-definitions
- adds an InternationalAddressType to type-definitions
- changes the SignerAddress element in DocumentSignerType
   to now be either a choice SignerInternationalAddress or
   SignerUSAddress
- changes Signature element in DocumentSignerType to
   SignerSignature to eliminate confusion with XMLSignature's
   Signature type
- changes the SignerSignature element to now be either a
   choice of the W3C XML Signature or a SignerSignature
   element of xsd:any type signature
- changes the Notary's signature element to be either a
   choice of the W3C XML Signature or a NotarySignature
   element of "xsd:any" type
- changes the PersonGivenName element to be a choice of
   either the PersonFirstName or PersonGivenName
- changes the PersonSurName element to be a choice of either
   the PersonLastName or PersonSurName
- changes the NotarizationLocation element to be a choice of
   either a NotarizationInternationalLocation (with an
   international address) or a NotarizationUSLocation (with
   a US-based address)
- removes the NotaryDigitalCertificate element from the
   NotaryPublicType since this information is captured
   in the W3C XML Signature element (if an X509 digital
   certificate is used to notarize the document)
- changes the NotaryJurisdiction element to be a choice of
   either the NotaryInternationalJurisdiction or the
   NotaryUSJurisdiction element
- adds a NotaryVerificationURI element to NotaryPublicType

With this deliverable, I believe we have not only caught up with
our schedule, but will have delivered significant new capability
within this time-frame.  If this version is reviewed quickly and
all issues with it resolved before the end of July, I think I can
have the normative DRAFT specification written up for a TC vote
before the end of September (putting us 3 months ahead of schedule
on the entire project).

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.