legalxml-intj-exmndr message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-intj-exmndr] Groups - OASIS LegalXML Integrated Justice MNDR Draft (wd-ijtc-MNDR-1.0.0.doc) uploaded

Let's try again.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781
-----Original Message-----
From: Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY)
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 6:56 AM
To: JRuegg@isab.co.la.ca.us; legalxml-intj-exmndr@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY)
Subject: RE: [legalxml-intj-exmndr] Groups - OASIS LegalXML Integrated
Justice MNDR Draft (wd-ijtc-MNDR-1.0.0.doc) uploaded

Enclosed are my comments on the naming and design rules.  I will only be
able to attend the first 15 minutes of this week's teleconference.  My
comments will point to specific hierarchy numbers within the document.
The working draft I am using is April 20, 2006.

-- 1 -- it will serve as a basis for the NIEM naming and design rules
and as the naming and design rules use for electronic court filing and
specifically ECF 3.0.1
-- 1.6 -- I think we need to pick up definitions for business process
patent and other intellectual property licensing here.  Some of the
things that could cause licensing problems and intellectual property
problems may in fact not the software issues.
-- 1.7 -- we need to add NIEM to this list
-- General -- we need to integrate the effects of NIEM on this document
-- we need to at least reference to wear appropriate
-- 1.8 -- ibid. my comments on NIEM above
-- 2.2.2 -- at times this may rise to the level of regulation or statute
and will have the force of law
-- 2.3.2.1 -- it should be noted that it is possible to support this
within the electronic meetings.  However, although this may be true for
follow ups it has been found to be notoriously ineffective for initial
meetings.  Because of the diverse backgrounds of the participants and
their different viewpoints and motivations direct human contact to build
trust is a significant social engineering component of this effort.
This fact there must not be under rated!
-- 2.3.2.3 -- I believe a paragraph should be added here that talks to
the use of tools within this process.  Especially true is the use of
validating tools in the creation of the schemas.
-- 2.3.2.4 -- I think it needs to be specifically noted the need for the
testing of sample documents and perhaps significant numbers in order to
prove the coverage of the artifacts under development.
-- out of order general comment -- this needs to be augmented to cover
the need to do change controls to the definitions for GJXDM and other
controlled vocabularies utilized by reference within this document
-- 3.3.3 -- should we discuss how many constraints schemas can be
involved?  It could be zero it could be many based on the viewpoint or
viewpoints necessary within the model.  At least we may want to indicate
that more than one may be involved given our constraints on numbers in
other areas.
-- 4.1.1.2 -- interesting question do we allow the use of XML processing
instructions within this specification.  I would think not!  Given that
we should have a specific rule precluding them as a normative part of
the specification.  We cannot totally preclude them from use but they
should be declared categorically as nonnormative and strongly
discouraged!
-- 4.1.10 -- I strongly recommend that we clearly state that the
introduction of non-backward-compatible constructs to a schema shall
force a major version numbering change to occur.  Further in this or
some other section we should talk about notice requirements for such
changes.
-- 4.1.11.4 -- I think a clearer statement on why this should not be
used should be provided.  I agree but we need to give them the specific
reasons why.
--

Thank you all for your dedicated work!  I believe that this will bring
and has already brung significant value via this document.  Let's get a

Regards,

Don Bergeron