legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: Seattle Face-To-Face Meetings - Hotel Accommodations

TO: Participants in September OASIS LegalXML Face-To-Face Meetings In Seattle

DATES:       Integrated Justice Technical Committee - Wednesday, September 22, 2004

                   Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee - Thursday-Friday, September 23-24, 2004

MEETING LOCATION:    To be announced. We are hoping to obtain a meeting space in the new Federal Courthouse

                                      The Courthouse will open about the end of August. Alternate meeting space is being developed.

ACCOMMODATIONS:     Best Western Loyal Inn, 2301 Eighth Avenue, Seattle (206) 682-0200

We have a block of rooms at the Best Western Loyal Inn at a fairly reasonable rate ($84 + tax). (We expect 10-12 rooms to be used each night - September 21, 22, and/or 23.) The hotel is about 4 blocks from the new Federal Courthouse - walking distance or a short cab ride away. (The hotel can provide a shuttle service, taking guests between lower Queen Anne Hill to the north and Seahawks and Mariners stadiums to the south.) It is also within 10 blocks of the Seattle Center (Space Needle, Science Center, Experience Music Project, etc.).

When making your room reservation, indicate you are with "OASIS LegalXML" so they will apply the group rate. If you can, please make your reservation by August 13, since that is the date the hotel will assess whether to expand or reduce the available block of rooms. Room reservations can be made now; they must be made no later than August 18, 2004 in order to obtain the special group rate.

Rooms are either smoking or non-smoking with two double beds. Continental breakfast is included (7-10 a.m. daily). Rooms are equipped with data ports (that's all the detail I have). Normal check-in time is 3:00 p.m. (rooms held until 4:00 p.m., unless you make special arrangements with hotel) and check-out time is 12:00 noon. Reservations may be canceled up to 4 p.m. the day of arrival.

The rate is $84.00 plus tax (15.6%) for 1-2 persons (single-double) occupancy. This rate is available only through booking with the hotel - call (206) 682-0200.

AIRPORT: Those new to Seattle should realize that Sea-Tac Airport is about 15 miles south of downtown Seattle. A cab ride to downtown is easily $30 or more. Shuttles such as "Shuttle Express" can be reserved for about $28 one way (425-981-7000). A bus regularly makes drops and pickups at major downtown hotels at a pretty reasonable price. This will get you into the vicinity of the Loyal Inn, but it is not one of the hotel pickup points. Call the hotel for other advice on transportation.

FACE-TO-FACE MEETING RSVP:

If you did not respond to me or to Ellen regarding your plans to attend the face-to-face meetings, whether or not using this hotel, we would still like to hear from you so we can determine our meeting room requirements. So far, about 20 people plan to attend each TC's face-to-face meeting.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters

King County
Department of Judicial Administration

Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Coordinator

and

Programs and Projects Manager

516 Third Avenue, E-609 MS: KCC-JA-0609

Seattle, Washington 98104