legalxml-ms message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-sc] RE: [legalxml-ms] Transcripts TC membership needed

Correct dl

-----Original Message-----
From: jmessing@law-on-line.com [mailto:jmessing@law-on-line.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 12:25 PM
To: Donald.Bergeron@lexisnexis.com; Roger.Winters@METROKC.GOV
Cc: Lewis, Diane; john@greacen.net; legalxml-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [legalxml-sc] RE: [legalxml-ms] Transcripts TC membership
needed

It used to be in the old days that all depositions were filed with the court both in state and federal proceedings, at least in Arizona, as late as the late 70's but the volume of paperwork needed to be stored caused this practice to be discontinued.

Now with electronic filing it seems to be coming back. The Arizona Court of Appeals Division Two (Mo Abdulaziz' court) is requiring all electronic transcripts in a case to be electronically filed.

Also, lawyers often quote transcripts in briefs. Having a cut and paste function from a common DTD or schema could prove very helpful in the future.

As I understand Diane's suggestion, she is proposing to remove CourtDocument from CourtFiling and merge it with Transcripts, so the strain on the CourtFiling TC's resources would presumably drop, not increase

Is this correct Diane?

From: "Winters, Roger" <Roger.Winters@METROKC.GOV>
Date:  Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:21:20 -0800