legalxml-ms message

Subject: NOMINATIONS EXTENDED FOR AT-LARGE STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS

ONLY TWO NOMINATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED FOR THREE AT-LARGE POSITIONS ON THE OASIS LEGALXML MEMBER SECTION STEERING COMMITTTEE FOR 2007.

Nominations are re-opened until tomorrow, Friday, December 8, 2006, at 12 noon Eastern Time (3 p.m. Pacific Time). Details of the process are in the original message below:

Dear OASIS LegalXML Member Section:

The Rules of Procedure for the OASIS LegalXML Member Section require that there be an annual election of at-large representatives to the Steering Committee. Those elected serve on that committee along with representatives selected by each of the Member Section's respective technical committees. The at-large representatives elected for 2007 are to be seated in January.

Accordingly, nominations for three at-large OASIS LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee members are now open. Nominations will be closed at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time on Friday, December 8, 2005.

Do not assume that the person(s) you want to serve on the Steering Committee will be nominated by others! (There is a two-term limit for the Steering Committee at-large position. Because of this, John Greacen is not eligible to serve at-large in 2007.) Self-nominations are acceptable.

Nominees will be asked to write a brief "campaign statement" which eligible voters will see before the balloting is conducted. I hope we can open the ballot soon after December 8 and close it on or about December 20.

The Member Section Rules provide that the election is by "the set of all members of all OASIS LegalXML Technical Committees who are also OASIS LegalXML Member Section members (those [whose companies or organizations requested] OASIS LegalXML Member Section membership upon joining or renewing their OASIS membership) or employees of such members." The "lead member" is eligible to vote, as are any employees of said member who are qualified as "members" (by virtue of attendance) in one or more of the LegalXML technical committees.

Nominations must be sent to me directly at roger.winters@metrokc.gov by 12:00 noon Eastern time on Friday, December 8, 2006. A KAVI vote will be taken soon thereafter. The KAVI vote should be closed by Wednesday, December 20, 2005, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Upon receipt of a nomination, I will ask the person named whether she or he is agreeable to stand for election. I will also suggest that nominees may want to consider attending the face-to-face meeting of the Steering Committee scheduled for Wednesday, December 13, in Las Vegas. That will be the last meeting of the currently constituted Steering Committee.

Thank you for your attention to this. I look forward to receiving nominations for at-large representatives to the Member Section Steering Committee.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters
Secretary, OASIS LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee
and
Program and Project Manager
King County Department of Judicial Administration
516 Third Avenue, E-609 MS: KCC-JA-0609
Seattle, Washington 98104
V: (206) 296-7838 F: (206) 296-0906
roger.winters@metrokc.gov