legalxml-ms message

Subject: RE: Election for at large members of the steering committee

Dear John (and members of the OASIS LegalXML Member Section):

It appears that unless there is an additional nomination by close of
business today (which I assume to be 5 pm Eastern Time, or 2 pm
Pacific), the at-large election for the Steering Committee will proceed
with three candidates, i.e., those who were already nominated. Due to
having been assigned to jury duty next Tuesday and Wednesday, I would
like to set up the ballot over this coming weekend. I will see whether I
can set it to begin January 3, 2007 - it may have to begin when I set it
up. Nevertheless, I will set it for completion at midnight, Eastern
time, on Monday, January 8, 2007. You had mentioned it would close in
the "evening," so this seems to me to cover that.

If there is a last-minute nomination today, I will ask the nominated
person for a campaign statement to be posted with the others, and I will
wait on starting the ballot until that statement is in or until close of
business January 2, 2007.

A few other details: I will set the ballot up so that eligible voters
can change their votes at any time while the ballot is open, but not
after it closes on January 8th. It seems to me that any comments or
discussion should take place on the List for the Member Section, where
everyone can see it, rather than within the ballot itself, so I will not
enable comments on the ballot.

I will proceed with setting up a conference call using
www.freeconferencecall.com for 1:00 p.m. Eastern time, 10:00 a.m.
Pacific, on Wednesday, January 10, 2007. I will send you the details of
the conference telephone number and entry code, so you can include that
with the Agenda you will send out in advance.

Unless something in these arrangements is erroneous or perceived as
unfair (as indicated by a message in reply from anyone who receives a
copy of this e-mail), I will proceed as I have described.

Your obedient servant,

Roger Winters
Secretary, OASIS LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee
and
Program and Project Manager
King County
Department of Judicial Administration