legalxml-ms message

Subject: OASIS renewals and LegalXML

Members of the LegalXML Member Section:

On behalf of the LegalXML Steering Committee, I would like to thank each of you for your continued participation in and support of OASIS and the LegalXML technical committees. In the last year, we’ve seen the addition of two new incredibly active technical committees (LegalRuleML and LegalDocument)  and wide adoption of the Electronic Court Filing specifications and progress toward becoming an OASIS standard.

Much of this progress has been supported by LegalXML Member Section funds.   As a not-for-profit organization, we have an obligation to try to budget and completely spend our funds annually.  This year, the Steering Committee has successfully allocated and spent Member Section funds that had accumulated over previous years.  While this has always been the goal,  funding of LegalXML activities in 2013 and beyond is now dependent on receiving our annual allocation from OASIS.  In case you didn’t know, each Member Section receives a portion of the dues from each organizations that “opts in” and elect to support the Member Section during their annual renewal of their OASIS membership.

You and your organization already invest your time in LegalXML so please make sure your dues are similarly invested.  If you are the person responsible for OASIS renewals in your organization, we ask that you be sure to elect to support the LegalXML Member Section.  If someone else handles OASIS renewals in your organization, please take a moment to remind them to support LegalXML each time they complete the renewal.

If you have any questions about how your dues help support the work of LegalXML, please ask any member of the LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee (Jim Cabral, Robert O’Brien, Monica Palmirani, Laurel Shifrin or Adam Wyner).

  Thanks,

James E. Cabral Jr., Senior Manager

MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.

1111 Third Avenue, Suite 3010

Seattle, Washington 98101-3292

www.mtgmc.com

(206) 442-5010 Phone

(502) 509-4532 Mobile

(206) 442-5011 Fax

jcabral@mtgmc.com

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.