legalxml-ms message

Subject: Fwd: Machine-Readable Law

Members of the LegalXML Member Section and the LegalDocML TC,

Just FYI this note from Owen Ambur. The post reports the reintroduction of the Statutes at Large Modernization Act, a legislation reform bill that would make all federal laws ever passed available and publicly searchable on Congress.gov in an open, non-proprietary data format.

Hope you'll all find this interesting reading!

Best,

/chet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Subject: Machine-Readable Law
To: Joe Carmel <joe.carmel@comcast.net>, Robin LaFontaine <robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Cc: Summer White <SummerJadeWhite@gmail.com>

Joe, I trust you already know about this:  https://fcw.com/articles/2017/03/29/congress-code-digital-gunter.aspx?s=fcwdaily_300317  I hope the bill’s sponsors know about the work you’ve already done, at http://legisworks.org/

Robin, it would be nice to think the W3C’s change tracking group might have some value to add.

Chet, I hope members of OASIS will also be actively engaged.

Owen Ambur

Chair, AIIM StratML Committee

Co-Chair Emeritus, xml.gov CoP

Webmaster, FIRM

Profile on LinkedIn | Personal Home Page

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393