legalxml-ms message

Subject: Re: [legalxml-ms] Article on a project to create structure contract data

Hi Chet,

I've had some contact with Clause a while ago and could bring this to their attention.

Frankly, it is unlikely that it will make any difference. It seems to me that companies and new projects tend to want to appear as if 'sui generis', which is useful in pitching to funders and claiming IP. In AI and Law, there is a lot of this going around.

The lack of uptake is also indicative that LegalXML, as with much in OASIS or other open standards organisations, has no marketing arm....

Regards,
Adam

Dr. Adam Zachary Wyner

Associate Professor of Law and Computer Science

Director of the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Law

School of Law and Department of Computer Science

Swansea University

Swansea, United Kingdom

  Orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2958-3428

Blog: https://azwyner.info/