legalxml-outreach message

Subject: Past Written Matter on Standards

Dear Friends,

First, I want to let you know that there has been some confusion on my end regarding the e-mail address used in relation to my OASIS membership. For a while, I was not receiving any e-mails sent to LegalXML OASIS addresses because of an error in my e-mail address of which I recently became aware. I should now be receiving messages normally.

I was recently reviewing files of things I wrote about standards in past years. I had virtually forgotten that I had published two articles in the e-filing Report in which I attempted to make sense of the business process and technical standards being developed by LegalXML. I am attaching PDF copies of those two 2003 articles for your perusal. I am hopeful that these materials can assist our subcommittee in producing the explanatory materials we have been talking about.

Frankly, I cannot remember whether I have made these articles available to this group before or not. It could be that they are not on target for the audiences we now need to reach, but perhaps they can nevertheless be helpful as examples of past explanatory materials which we now seek to update.

If you are able to peruse these prior to our next meeting (I’m not sure I have that on my schedule) we could presumably talk about what, if any, portions of these articles can be salvaged and re-used in support of our efforts to promote understanding and use of 3.1.

Thank you!

Roger

Roger Winters

Program and Project Manager

King County Department of Judicial Administration

KCC-JA-0609

516 Third Avenue, E-609

Seattle, WA 98104

(206) 296-7838

roger.winters@kingcounty.gov < NEW

E-Filing Business Standards - Winters Commentary - 2003.pdf

E-Filing Technical Standards - 2003 Winters Article.pdf