legalxml-transcripts message

Subject: [legalxml-transcripts] RE: [legalxml-transcripts-comment] TranscriptDTD (XML 2002 in Baltimore)

I've been in touch with AAERT and NCRA the NCRA want me to write an
article for their magazine with the aim of attracting their membership
to join.

AAERT have not replied yet. Chad how are you going with this task?

We'll need to compare notes on the "Actors" issues. Of course the
"authors" of transcript, CAT, Steno Mask or audio transcribers can all
tag speakers "actors". Important to note that steno machines are only
one device for making transcripts. Actor may be a bad term for the
purposes of legal testimony. :) Perhaps "Parties" would have less
resistance.

Moreover, these "authors" can insert any number of tags that would allow
structured transcripts to be produced.

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Harvey [mailto:harvey@eccnet.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 11:17 AM
To: Eddie O'Brien
Subject: RE: [legalxml-transcripts-comment] Transcript DTD (XML 2002 in
Baltimore)

The transcript section looks like it is pretty clean.  However, I was
wondering how you would actually put the references for the Actors with
the text of the speech, especially if you don't know who the Actors may
be.

It would be very useful to use this structure if the steno machines
could be programmed to include an Actors list.

Also I would like to add a few more structures to enable some constructs
for legislation, e.g. roll-call votes.  This would be very useful for
what I am doing.

Has any headway been made in getting the Vendors on-board? Jerry Linnell
(Senate Chief Reporter) has offered to write a letter to ProCat (their
vendor) to see if they plan to participate.  Getting the vendors buy-in
is critical for Congress and the Congressional Record.

Betty

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Eddie O'Brien wrote:

> No you haven't missed anything.
>
> However, I'm interested in your review of the Static Transcript DTD
> and your general thoughts on how we should proceed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie

Grp