lexidma message

Subject: Modified: Regular monthly LEXIDMA TC meeting

Submitter's message
added minutes for 19th October
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Regular monthly LEXIDMA TC meeting

Date: Monday, 19 October 2020, 01:30pm to 03:00pm WEST
Location: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3939
Description

Find connection link within this action item

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3939

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

1. Administrative

  • roll call
  • appoint scribe
  • approve minutes from previous meeting
    https://markmail.org/message/3o7mvduysamjobqz

​​2. Material

Discuss Maichal's report on subsensing
https://markmail.org/thread/w4gipruqrhn4uhhg [repo]

3. Closing Admin

  • Recap of agreed actions
  • AOB
  • Adjourn [no later than 1500 WEST]

Minutes

LEXIDMA meeting 19 October 2020, 14:30-16:00 CEST

1. Administrative

  • roll call - Tomaz, Simon, Iztok, John, David, Milos, Michal, Ilan
  • appoint scribe - Ilan
  • approve minutes from previous meeting 21st September
    https://markmail.org/message/3o7mvduysamjobqz
    - approved.
  • Add to AOB – review GANTT

2. Material

  • Michal prepared report on subsensing in dictionaries
    https://markmail.org/thread/fz46xz362r5n2fer [mailing list discussion]
    • was uploaded by David to the repository for future reference
      https://markmail.org/thread/fz46xz362r5n2fer [mailing list discussion]
    • serving as a proposal for remodeling
    • has the benefit of flattening senses rather than hierarchical sub-senses
    • interoperable by machines
    • would not be losing any information available in the dictionaries studied
    • John: DWDS example is odd – Michal agrees there should not be separate entries
    • David: is relation-based subsensing recursion, to avoid having an element contain itself
    • Michal: avoid illogical recursion by allowing subsensing
    • David: could have two different entries, one having
    • Ilan: when ready, expand with regard to nested entries and MWEs (as subsenses)
    • Three main patterns: senses inside senses, the child sense is MWE, entry inside entry (incl homographs)
    • take care of all of them by flattening
    • David: should decide who is primary user – machine or human
    • Miloš: homographs need not be indicated explicitly – no clear distinction of homonymy and polysemy – lexicographer may decide either way, the machine can deal with either
    • Simon: possible to establish relation between the two
    • Miloš: Can infer homographs from similar spelling
    • Simon: changing the world of lexicography from book-based logic, so keep the possibility of labeling relations – can label two homonym entries as homonymic
    • Michal: if we follow the same strategy, we become truly members of the digital era
  • Michal will write similar proposal including homographs/homonyms, nesting, MWEs
    • David: we need to be language-agnostic in this sense
    • MWE – making it relational
    • Simon: underdefined, not typically headwords, should not be modelled as subsenses
    • David: don’t agree, depends whether has compositional sense or not
    • Simon: agglutinative language has other problem, as could have millions of headwords; we are talking about move from hierarchical book model – whatever one considers as headword, or as something that should be explained with some kind of lexicographic identity, it can be a headword; otherwise it is used as part of the sense
    • David: we need a more comprehensive proposal, include examples and describe mechanics
    • Michal confirms accepting to write wider proposal

3. Closing Admin AOB

  • Gantt chart – we were on track with administrative things, launched the TC by end of 2019
    • Had pre-assumption that working draft of deliverable starts right away, but we needed design discussions to precede
    • We are 8 months late with regard to the Gantt chart
    • David: Will need a year for drafting the standard
    • Simon suggests deadline to start public reviews before summer 2021
    • Miloš agrees with Ilan that the discussion of the underlying principals was substantial and needed fairly long time but now we can speed up the process
  • Heads up for spec formatting decision next time
    • David brings from backburner having to determine the formatting question – Oasis style or ISO style
      • David send the two variants to the mailing list
      • David will present option to discuss next time, summarize and put on agenda next time
      • Political thing – fasttrack in Oasis or longterming with ISO
      • Simon and David are editors, everyone can contribute

Adjourned 1500 WEST

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS Lexicographic Infrastructure Data Model and API (LEXIDMA) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the OASIS Lexicographic Infrastructure Data Model and API (LEXIDMA) TC calendar here.
  • You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20201028T111422Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20201019T133000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20201019T150000
SEQUENCE:7
SUMMARY:Regular monthly LEXIDMA TC meeting
LOCATION:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/member
 s/action_item.php?action_item_id=3939
LAST-MODIFIED:20201028T111422Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=GROUP:MAILTO:lexidma@lists.oasis-open.org
 oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/members/action_ite
 m.php?action_item_id=3939\n\nAgenda: 1. Administrative\n\n\n
 	roll call\n	appoint scribe\n	approve minutes from previous
 meeting\n	https://markmail.org/message/3o7mvduysamjobqz\n	 \
 n\n\nhttps://markmail.org/message/5rtfodvuoiiyaq3i2. Materia
 l\n\n\n	DMLex Working Draft format (office or Docbook?) http
 s://github.com/oasis-tcs/lexidma\n	DMLex WD Technical discus
 sion\n\n\nDiscuss Maichal&#39\;s report on subsensing\nhttps
 ://markmail.org/thread/w4gipruqrhn4uhhg [repo]\nhttps://mark
 mail.org/thread/fz46xz362r5n2fer [mailing list discussion]\n
 \n\n	Continue discussion of design principles\n	\n		Review M
 ichal&#39\;s finding on the use of subentries and subsenses
 in ELEXIS data\n		https://markmail.org/thread/wgzdw4234qtjrz
 of and hopefully Michal&#39\;s full report\n		Do we have con
 sensue on the fused design principles? [as updated during th
 e meeting on 21st Sept]\n		https://github.com/oasis-tcs/lexi
 dma/wiki/Fused-revised-design-principles\n		See pending issu
 es under &quot\;Pending considerations&quot\;\n		See also &q
 uot\;Business logic checks&quot\; here\n		https://github.com
 /oasis-tcs/lexidma/wiki/Documenting-current-consensus-on-pos
 sible-technical-solutions\n	\n	\n	Continue discussion of  da
 ta model diagrams [after sorting out design principles]\n	\n
 		Recet contributions:\n		\n			Milo&scaron\;\, Ilan\, and Jo
 hn discussiong &quot\;two level senses&quot\;\n			https://ma
 rkmail.org/thread/ysxlq3ih5r4q6b67\n			John and Michal discu
 ssing revised Ontolex diagaram\n			https://markmail.org/thre
 ad/wmmarqw5ugekxvdo\n		\n		\n		Initial positions\n		\n			Mil
 o&scaron\;: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.p
 hp/66840/LEXIDMA_ER_version1.pdf\n			John: https://github.co
 m/oasis-tcs/lexidma/wiki/Data-Model-based-on-OntoLex-TEI-Lex
 0\n		\n		\n	\n	\n	LEXIDMA TC liaisons and appointement of re
 ps\n	\n		TEI Lex-0\n		open call for reps\n	\n	\n\n\n3. Closi
 ng Admin\n\n\n	Recap of agreed actions\n	AOB\n	Adjourn [no l
 ater than 1500 WEST]\n\n\n  \n\n \nGroup: OASIS Lexicographi
 c Infrastructure Data Model and API (LEXIDMA) TC\nCreator: D
 r. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/event.php?event_id=50083
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/event.php?event_id=50083
BEGIN:VALARM