lexidma message

Subject: MacMillan confound

Dear all, here is the example of Âconfound from MacMillan: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/confound_1, this time in XML.

I'm still confounded by the linking part - between the dictionary and thesaurus. It would be good if we can take a look at this on Monday.

Regards,

Simon

-----------------------

Jozef Stefan Institute

Artificial Intelligence Laboratory

Jamova 39

SI-1000 Ljubljana

Slovenia

University of Ljubljana

Center for Language Resources and Technologies

VeÄna pot 113

1000 Ljubljana

Slovenia

phone: +386 1 4798299

skype: simon.krek.jsi

twitter: @SimonKrek

-----------------------

https://www.simonkrek.si/en/

<LexicographicResource xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/lexidma/ns/dmlex-1.0"; value="Macmillan English Dictionary" xml:lang="en" transcriptionScheme="en-fonipa">
    <Entry>
        <Headword>confound</Headword>
        <PartOfSpeech>VERB TRANSITIVE</PartOfSpeech>
        <Pronunciation>
            <Transcription recording="http://nl.ijs.si/confound.mp3";>kÉ?nË?faÊ?nd</Transcription>
        </Pronunciation>
        <InflectedForm feature="present tense">I/you/we/they confound</InflectedForm>
        <InflectedForm feature="present tense">he/she/it confounds</InflectedForm>
        <InflectedForm feature="present participle">confounding</InflectedForm>
        <InflectedForm feature="past tense">confounded</InflectedForm>
        <InflectedForm feature="past participle">confounded</InflectedForm>
        <Sense listingOrder="1">
            <Definition>to make someone feel surprised or confused, especially by not behaving in the way they expect</Definition>
            <Example>She confounded her critics by winning the race.</Example>
            <Link>
                <LexicographicResource value="MacMillan Thesaurus"/>
                <Sense id="???">To make someone feel shocked or surprised</Sense>
                <Sense id="???">To make someone unable to concentrate or think clearly</Sense>
            </Link>
        </Sense>
        <Sense listingOrder="2">
            <Label>FORMAL</Label>
            <Definition>to prove that something is wrong</Definition>
            <Example>This new evidence confounds your theory.</Example>
            <Link>
                <LexicographicResource value="MacMillan Thesaurus"/>
                <Sense id="???">To try to show that an idea or belief is wrong</Sense>
            </Link>
        </Sense>
        <Sense listingOrder="3">
            <Definition>if you are confounded by something, you cannot understand it</Definition>
            <Example>We were totally confounded by her reaction.</Example>
            <Link>
                <LexicographicResource value="MacMillan Thesaurus"/>
                <Sense id="???">To be, or to make something, difficult to understand</Sense>
            </Link>
        </Sense>
    </Entry>
</LexicographicResource>