lexidma message

Subject: Modified: Editorial progress meeting on serialization specifications

Submitter's message
Minutes from 7th August
-dF
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Editorial progress meeting on serialization specifications

Date: Monday, 07 August 2023, 10:30am to 12:30pm UTC
Location: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3946
Description

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3946

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Rollcall

Approve minutes from 31st July

https://markmail.org/message/3pzh7i3sxvycivk5

Review serialization specs related actions

SQL

RDF

NVH

JSON

Agree meeting time in the week of 14th August

AOB

Adjourn no later than 1230 UTC

Minutes

Rollcall 4/7 voters, Miloš to re-gain voting right at the end of the meeting

Approve minutes from 31st July

https://markmail.org/message/3pzh7i3sxvycivk5

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/email/archives/202307/msg00009.html

Michal seconded, no objections

Core and modules terminology change:

Use properties instead of Contents

Make it consistent in serialization references

Core change

Consensus

URI is REQUIRED at lexicographicResource

To be implemented in serializations and examples

Michal to implement the above

Background to the above decision:

Making REQUIRED either Title or URI would be more complicated to express in serializations and potentially confusing for implementers. We don't want to complicate the top level object

URI is flexible and can be used for semantic versioning etc. while Title should be kept human readable and thus optional (not critical for exchange)

WRT top level URI use:

Consider use of the DICT protocol for exchange and URIs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICT

WRT potentially standardizing exchange of fragments

Consider defining valid fragments? Define optional roots in the core data model?

Define a serialization independent fragid mechanism?

If we go for this we need a proposal for the addressing mechanism and exchangeable chunk rules (including omission/projection/linkage rules) by the meeting of 16th August

Action: Miloš

Background to the above discussion:

Exchanging whole dictionaries would be suboptimal in many use cases. Is considered risky by many potential implementers.

Avoid scope creep towards a processing format

At the very least we should design an out of scope statement, ideally we should legalize fragment exchange for already implemented use case

Review serialization specs related actions

SQL

Michal to clean up this week

RDF

John to commit this week

NVH

Miloš to update according to core terminology agreements

JSON

Michal to reformulate:

Do not use the term class, strictly use JSON terminology object, property, array (also internally)

Agreed meeting time in the week of 14th August

Wed 16th August 1200 UTC dF to schedule

AOB

Adjourned at 1208 UTC

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS Lexicographic Infrastructure Data Model and API (LEXIDMA) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the OASIS Lexicographic Infrastructure Data Model and API (LEXIDMA) TC calendar here.
  • You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:UTC
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20000101T000000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=1
TZNAME:UTC
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20230810T120735Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=UTC:20230807T103000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=UTC:20230807T123000
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:Editorial progress meeting on serialization specifications
LOCATION:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/member
 s/action_item.php?action_item_id=3946
LAST-MODIFIED:20230810T120735Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=GROUP:MAILTO:lexidma@lists.oasis-open.org
 s/action_item.php?action_item_id=3946\n\nAgenda: Rollcall\n\
 nApprove minutes from 31st July\n\nhttps://markmail.org/mess
 age/3pzh7i3sxvycivk5\n\n \n\nReview serialization specs rela
 ted actions\n\nSQL\n\nRDF\n\nNVH\n\nJSON\n\nAgree meeting ti
 me in the week of 14th August\n\nAOB\n\nAdjourn no later tha
 n 1230 UTC\nGroup: OASIS Lexicographic Infrastructure Data M
 odel and API (LEXIDMA) TC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/event.php?event_id=54204
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/lexidma/event.php?event_id=54204
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY