lp message

Subject: RE: [lp] New implementation of Open Referral in legal aid field: Open Advocate's DLAW

Greg,

Thanks for the links.  It looks like you’ve been busy.

You mentioned OpenAPI and I noticed that the OpenReferral design principles recommend conformance with the NIEM.  On the NIEM Technical Architecture Committee (NTAC), we’ve been developing new guidance for using NIEM with JSON and, to a lesser extent, OpenAPI.  We’ve run into a number of gaps in the JSON and OpenAPI specifications relative to XML and SOAP-based Web Services and we’re debating how best to address those in our guidance.  I would appreciate hearing any lessons learned you might have to share.

  Thanks,

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: lp@lists.oasis-open.org <lp@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Greg Bloom <bloom@openreferral.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:08:04 PM
To: lp@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi folks - Looking forward to see the progress in this group.

I just want to point to a couple of relevant announcements from the field of service directory data:

Open Advocate (who produce DLAW, in use by over a dozen statewide legal aid websites) have adopted Open Referral to structure their directory data management system: https://openreferral.org/implementing-openreferral-drupal-wordpress/

We have also upgraded our documentation, to include OpenAPI protocols that might help facilitate alignment between our vocabulary and other service directory data vocabs: http://docs.openreferral.org/

Eager to see how these vocabularies can align further. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

--

Leading up the Open Referral Initiative.
Book a time to talk on my calendar.

Web: OpenReferral.org