lp message

Subject: Re: [lp] re: Groups - Litigant Portal Data Standardization ver. 3.docx uploaded

Hi Greg & LP TC members,

Greg, just on your last point -> III) It's really hard to do this kind of collaborative work with a bunch of word documents. Ideally the documentation would live at a fixed URL with commenting and version control to be able to track discussions over time.

If you all would like to take a different approach, the CTI and OpenC2 TCs have been having success working with Google Docs. I would be happy to give you info on how they are making it work. Another alternative is that some TCs are using SVN or GitHub and HTML or Markdown to manage their text. Also, TCs are integrating issue management - either via JIRA or via GitHub issues - to tie commenting and record keeping with the edits to the text itself so that they keep an effective change history.

I'm happy to help you consider the alternatives if you are interested.

Best regards,

/chet