materials message

Subject: MatML Website

All,

There has been some discussion on and off the three main MatML lists
about updating the MatML website, and in particular, there has been
concern that the current site's design does not allow us to inform the
user community in a lucid manner about the changes that have been made
to the 3.0 and 3.1 schemata.

ASM have offered their teleconference facilities for a meeting at which
those with a view as to what the new website should do, and how, may
participate.  If you are unable to attend, but nonetheless wish to
contribute, please send your thoughts on the matter to me, by email, and
I'll collect them together.

If you definitely wish to participate by telephone, please let me know -
if there are many participants, I'll draw up a more formal agenda ahead
of time so that we can keep the meeting to less than 1 hour.

Please all take a look at the site (http://www.matml.org/) for 5 minutes
- you may feel inspired by improvements that you'd like to see made :)

Finally - if you think you'd like to volunteer for actions resulting
from the meeting, and have resources to do so in the couple of weeks
immediately following the meeting, let me know.

Teleconference Details:
* Time: Wednesday 22 September, 12am EST
* Call into ASM on (440) 338-5151 or (800) 336-5152
* Dial 0 for the operator.
* Tell them that you are participating in the MatML teleconference
  on extension 8600.  You will then be transferred into the meeting.

Craig
----
Technical Projects Manager
Granta Design Ltd
300 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, CB1 7EG
Web : http://www.grantadesign.com
Tel : +44 (0) 1223 518897
Fax : +44 (0) 1223 506432
US Toll Free: 1-800-241-1546

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System
- after being sent from Granta Design Ltd