materials message

Subject: First review

Craig Seymour added the following comment to the OASIS-materials-draft-spec-9-15-05.doc document in the OASIS Materials Markup Language TC Group.

I've had a first pass through this, and it seems OK.  Thanks.

Formatting: I'm mildly concerned that the formatting of the textual descriptions doesn't follow the OASIS conventions laid out in section 2.2, but I can see it would be a bit of a pain in the butt to do so, as there is no way to represent the recommended styles in the XML Annotation data, from where the descriptions have been taken.  So there's a major admin burden in keeping the XSD and the Spec in sync.  Perhaps Mary can advise us?

If we take it as read that no-one's going to go through and apply the 'element' style to every mention of an element, then the only thing that needs changing is that the 2.1.23 heading has completely the wrong style.

Content: I confess that I've not read it in detail, having read it so many times before!  But when it's open to public review, I guess people may pick up on any inconsistencies or errors.

View Document Details and Comments:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/materials/document.php?document_id=14482

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/materials/download.php/14482/OASIS-materials-draft-spec-9-15-05.doc