math-optimize-discuss message

Subject: math-optimize-discuss] Another area

Hi:

A student at Northwestern, Jun Ma, is working on this problem.  I also
think this is of interest to the NEOS people at Argonne.

Cheers,

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:01:50 -0500
From: John Fuller <jfuller@wernervas.com>
To: math-optimize-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

that I think might be useful for the TC would be to develop informative
recommendations and examples
of how the markup languages can be use with other OASIS specifications
to solve optimization problems in a  web services framework.

Admittedly the markup alone has value whether read as a file, used
RESTfully with HTTP POST/GET,
or using SOAP.

For the SOAP cases, I think it would be good to provide guidance, for
example, example WSDL and output showing how to use the asynchronous
service access protocol to kick off and manage long running solver
service requests (ex: solve this MIP and tell people when it's done)
or using WS-CAF WS-Context to share and manage context across
activities (ex: decomposition or coarse parallelism).

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research