OASIS is pleased to announce the publication of its newest OASIS Standard, approved by the members on 17 December 2015:
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) v1.3 specification defines both a) a set of document types for authoring and organizing topic-oriented information; and b) a set of mechanisms for combining, extending, and constraining document types.
Version 1.3 is organized in three parts called Editions. Each is optimized for a different audience:
- The Base Edition is designed for application developers and users who need only the most fundamental pieces of the DITA framework.
- The Technical Content Edition includes specializations usually used by technical communicators.
- The All Inclusive Edition is the largest edition. It is designed for implementers who want all OASIS-approved specializations, as well as users who develop learning and training materials.
14 Statements of Use were received from Comtech Services, Inc., Contrext LLC, DITA For Small Teams GitHub Organization, DITA Open Toolkit, DITA Strategies, Inc., Eberlein Consulting LLC, IXIASOFT, JustSystems Canada, Inc., Kaplan Professional Education, Parson AG, PTC, Syncro Soft SRL, Titania Software, and Virginia Tech. 
The prose specifications and related files are available here:
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3 Part 0: Overview
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3 Part 1: Base Edition
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3 Part 2: Technical Content Edition
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3 Part 3: All-Inclusive Edition
Distribution ZIP files
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP files here:
Our congratulations to the members of the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC  on achieving this milestone.
--- Additional information
 OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
 Statements of Use:
1. Comtech Services, Inc.:
2. Contrext LLC:
3. DITA For Small Teams GitHub Organization:
4. DITA Open Toolkit:
5. DITA Strategies, Inc.:
6. Eberlein Consulting LLC:
8. JustSystems Canada, Inc.:
9. Kaplan Professional Education:
10. parson AG:
12. Syncro Soft SRL:
13. Titania Software:
14. Virginia Tech: