OASIS Members and other interested parties,
OASIS is pleased to announce that LegalRuleML Core Specification Version 1.0 from the OASIS LegalRuleML TC  has been approved as an OASIS Committee Specification.
Legal texts, e.g. legislation, regulations, contracts, and case law, are the source of norms, guidelines, and rules. As text, it is difficult to exchange specific information content contained in the texts between parties, to search for and extract structured content from the texts, or to automatically process it further. Legislators, legal practitioners, and business managers are, therefore, impeded from comparing, contrasting, integrating, and reusing the contents of the texts, since any such activities are manual. In the current web-enabled context, where innovative eGovernment and eCommerce applications are increasingly deployed, it has become essential to provide machine-readable forms (generally in XML) of the contents of the text.
The objective of the LegalRuleML Core Specification Version 1.0 is to define a standard (expressed with XML-schema and Relax NG and on the basis of Consumer RuleML 1.02) that is able to represent the particularities of the legal normative rules with a rich, articulated, and meaningful mark-up language.
This Committee Specification is an OASIS deliverable, completed and approved by the TC and fully ready for testing and implementation.
The prose specifications and related files are available here:
LegalRuleML Core Specification Version 1.0
Committee Specification 02
06 April 2020
Distribution ZIP file
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/cs02/legalruleml-core-spec-v1.0-cs02.zip
Members of the LegalRuleML TC  approved this specification by Special Majority Vote. The specification had been released for public review as required by the TC Process . The vote to approve as a Committee Specification passed , and the document is now available online in the OASIS Library as referenced above.
This Committee Specification 02 incorporates changes since the publication of Committee Specification 01 .
Our congratulations to the TC on achieving this milestone and our thanks to the reviewers who provided feedback on the specification drafts to help improve the quality of the work.
========== Additional references:
 OASIS LegalRuleML TChttps://www.oasis-open.org/committees/legalruleml/
 Public reviews:
* 30-day public review, 13 February 2017:https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201702/msg00000.html
- Comment resolution log:https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/csprd01/legalruleml-core-spec-v1.0-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.xls
* 15-day public review, 15 September 2017:https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201709/msg00008.html
- Comment resolution log:https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/csprd02/legalruleml-core-spec-v1.0-csprd02-comment-resolution-log.txt
 Committee Specification 01, 08 May 2018https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201805/msg00006.html
- Change description:https://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/cs02/Trace-changes.docxhttps://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/cs02/legalruleml-core-spec-v1.0-cs02-DIFF.pdf
 Approval ballot:https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3491