mgmtprotocol message

Subject: [mgmtprotocol] Write-up on requirements

Hello,
here are my requirements as stated in the call today:

1. Focus on using web services to interface to CIMOM (as opposed to
managing web services themselves which we could do in addition).

2. Use WSDL to describe the interface to the web services, as opposed to
just supporting a SOAP protocol. This means the elements of the CIM meta
model (classes, properties, etc) need to be mapped to WSDL elements.

3. Make sure that no capabilities of the CIM meta model and CIM operations
get lost on the way (particularly inheritance, associations, query language
and indications).

4. Make sure that what we do will scale up to large number of CIM instances
(e.g. >10000 per class).

Andy

Andreas R. Maier
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member, eServer Software Design
IBM Lab Boeblingen, maiera@de.ibm.com, Phone +49-7031-16-3654