mgmtprotocol message

Subject: [mgmtprotocol] Requirements...

Title: Requirements...

All,

My req's are pointed at management of web services, not providing arbitrary management data in a web service form.

FWIW, it really seems like these are two separate tacks for the TC.

1. Provide a way for a management application to identify the transactions provided by a web service (this is already done with WSDL)

2. Provide a standard way to express, for each transaction provided by a web service, the identity of managed objects that are required to process the transaction. I'm primarily interested in the identity of component web services, but the identity of other managed objects (computers, subsystems, etc) would be useful as well.

3. Provide a standard way for expressing a transaction trace, i.e. a list of the subsystems invoked by a transaction either as it is being processed, or once the transaction has completed.

4. Provide a standard way for expressing the availability of test transactions, i.e. transactions that are used to test the components of a distributed system.

Thanks,

-gil

Gil Kirkpatrick
CTO, NetPro