mgmtprotocol message

Subject: [mgmtprotocol] New WSDM TC Proposal

All,

Below is the proposal I have just submitted to Karl Best.

Thanks for your ideas, comments, and support.

Winston Bumpus

Karl,

As we discussed here is the official proposal for the new OASIS TC. We
have added more detail to the scope and deliverables as you have
requested.

As you can see the list of supporters is quite large and folks are
anxious to get started with this important work.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need
additional information.

Thanks for your help,
Winston Bumpus
Director of Open Technologies and Standards
Novell, Inc.

Proposal to Establish an OASIS Technical Committee

(i) Name of TC

Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee

(ii) Statement of Purpose

To define web services management. This includes using  web services
architecture and technology to manage distributed resources. This TC
will also develop the model of a web service as a manageable resource.
This TC will collaborate with various evolving activities within other
standards groups, including, but not limited to, DMTF (working with its
technical work groups regarding relevant CIM Schema), GGF (on the OGSA
common resource  model and OGSI regarding infrastructure), and W3C (the
web services architecture committee). Also liaison with other OASIS TCs,
including the security TC and other management oriented TCs.

(iii) Deliverables & Dates

Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM) V1.0 Specification, Jan
2004 this includes WSDL described manageable resources and the xml
schema to complete those descriptions. This document will also define
explicit manageability for the components of the Web Services
Architecture (WSA) as defined by the W3C.

 (iv) Language TC Will Conduct Business

US English

(v) Date and Time of First Meeting

Conference Call April 2nd 7am PST

(vi) Meeting Schedule

Call every Wednesday 7am Pacific

(vii) Names and Email Address Committed to Schedule

Andrea Westerinen, andreaw@cisco.com, Cisco
Andreas Maier, MAIERA@de.ibm.com, IBM
Ben Block, Ben@inteqnet.com  Intersoft
Daniel M. Foody, dan@actional.com, Actional Corporation