mqtt-comment message

Subject: Re: Reviewing the kickoff material ...

On the non public list, Paul Duffy asked:

> - Footprint. One of the decks speaks to "Tiny footprint MQTT client (and

server) libraries e.g. a c client lib in 30Kb and a Java lib in 64Kb ".

Much appreciated if I could be pointed to more detail re: client and

server footprint for Java, C, etc. impls.

The smallest server implementation I've made was around 35kB on 64-bit Linux, compiled from C. There were no runtime configurable parameters and many of the features in a normal mqtt server were missing such as the $SYS topic hierarchy, bridging and persistence.

My current implementation is 130kB compiled on 64-bit Linux.

Cheers,

Roger