mqtt-comment message

Subject: TAB comments on MQTT Version 5.0

Greetings!

The OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) on initial public review drafts by OASIS TCs.

On behalf of the TAB I have attached our comments on MQTT Version 5.0 as MQTT-08Sept2017.xls.

It isn't necessary to acknowledge each comment separately, just acknowledging the file will be sufficient.

Some comments suggest changes to current draft but the care and hard work that went into MQTT 5.0 did not go unnoticed by members of the TAB.

Impressive work!

There are niggles and improvements but you have every reason to congratulate yourselves on this draft.

BTW, I didn't enter a separate comment (would have been an unlucky #13) but if you plan on taking MQTT to ISO at any point, consider inserting a chapter level "scope" statement.

From ISO part2:

*****
The scope clearly defines the subject of the document and the aspects covered, thereby indicating the limits of applicability of the document or particular parts of it.

If necessary, the scope should indicate subjects that might be reasonably inferred to be covered but actually excluded from the document.

In documents that are subdivided into parts, the scope of each part shall define the subject of that part of the document only.

The scope shall be succinct so that it can be used as a summary for bibliographic purposes, for example, as an abstract. If further details and background information are necessary, these shall be included in either the introduction or in an annex.
*****

Just a thought.

Thus: Introduction, Scope, etc.

Hope you are at the start of a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net