mqtt-sn message

Subject: Remaining work on the MQTT-SN specification

As a result of the workshop held today, we identified the following work outstanding on the latest working draft to get the position of being ready for a CSD:

- sections 2 and 3 largely complete. Reviews while using them for implementations are now probably the best way forward.
- wide review of section 4 (Operational Behavior) particularly with reference to the same section in the MQTT 5.0 spec. Those parts that are common to both - should they be incorporated directly or referred to? The existence of the conformance statements complicates references. A review to assess how much is common may help to decide one way or another.
- Terminology. This must be common with the MQTT 5.0 specification and is not yet so. A review of the whole document is needed on this aspect.
- Section 5, security. Review the same section in MQTT 5.0 and assess the common aspects. We may then need to also add some MQTT-SN specific concerns.
- Appendix B: implementation notes. The content to be moved to either the main specification or to a separate implementation notes document. We envisage that we will definitely have an implementation notes document, in a form yet to be decided. It may be a committee note, but will be open to more frequent updates than the main specification.
- Section 6, conformance, will be the last to be addressed, in a fairly mechanical manner, after sections 1 to 4 inclusive have been completed.

If there is anything else that anyone thinks we've missed, please comment. Thanks.

Ian Craggs, co-chair