mqtt message

Subject: MQTT Protocol versioning

Hi all,

Those of you signed up to the "MQ Telemetry Transport" google group may have seen Andy Piper's question about an MQTT v4.0

Following our meeting last week, the editors requested an OASIS template to begin the transcribe of the (MQTT v3.1) input specification and establish a working draft. The template contains a mandatory 'version field'. To move things on we entered v4 here simply as a "place holder" and based on the understanding that TC will decide protocol version numbers and naming i.e., it can be changed.

Key points:

1. The initial transcribe will simply format the input specification into an OASIS template and form a working draft. No changes are scheduled at this point
2. The TC will agree version numbers and I will add this to the Agenda for our next call.

Many thanks

Richard

Richard Coppen CEng FBCS  IBM United Kingdom
Software Engineer  Hursley Park
WebSphere MQ  Winchester
     SO21 2JN
Phone: +44 (0)1962 817164  England