mqtt message

Subject: RE: [mqtt] Next TC call Thursday 21st August

Hi Rick,

Standardisation of MQTT 3.1.1 remains the TC's top priority. However, on our last call we agreed to use the 'futures' component in JIRA as a place to channel ideas and develop discussion.
I think evolution comes in two parts:

1. Things we can do to compliment 3.1.1 e.g., supporting doc, articles or committee notes. (short to medium term)
2. Ideas that might be candidates for a future revision. (longer term)

I took an action to setup some new JIRA components so that we may (as a TC) sort incoming futures into an appropriate category. I aim to have this in place for the next meeting.
A number couple of standardisation milestones still remain on the journey to achieve standardisation. The most recent timeline estimate is available here > https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/mqtt/download.php/53546/MQTT_TC_Timeline_09072014.pdf <

Best regards

Richard

Richard Coppen CEng FBCS  IBM United Kingdom
Software Engineer  Hursley Park
WebSphere MQ  Winchester
     SO21 2JN
Phone: +44 (0)1962 817164  England