mqtt message

Subject: RE: [mqtt] How to start a Committee Note Draft - request template detailed steps

Thanks Bill.

I’m happy to be a (co-)editor of the document and specifically to produce the initial draft which defines the problem statement as I see it for the group the discuss.

Shawn

From: mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of William Cox
Sent: April-29-15 12:06 PM
To: mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org; Richard J Coppen; Raphael Cohn

All --

I'm sending this to the list as well as directly to Richard and Raphael.

The purpose of a non-standards track work product (Committee Note) is to clarify, explain, discuss, analyze, and otherwise improve the applicability of TC normative (Standards Track) work products.

I recommend that a Chair or Secretary of the TC do the following, but any TC member may - and the Chairs are notified of the request. One request per work product starter.

I also recommend a separate document archive folder to Committee Notes (of which this is the first). You need to request a new document archive folder called "Committee Notes" using the form at https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/folder-creation-request

TC Admin requests are at the URI in (1).

(1)    Go to https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests and under New Work Products select "register & request a work product template / starter document"

(2) Enter name of submitter, " OASIS Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) TC" (full name of TC), "mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org", "Request/Reply Message Exchange Patterns and MQTT"

The Work Product Abbreviation will show up in file names. I recommend to the Chairs that we use "reqreply". Filenames will look something like  "mqtt-reqreply-v1.0-wd01.docx" and so on for other forms.

For Track select "Non-Standards Track Work Product"

Select format as used by the TC. The standard is .doc so I'd use "Microsoft Word".

Then enter Chair Names "As it should appear on an approved Work Product Cover page" - Richard Coppen, Raphael Cohn, with or without middle initials as you like.

Editors can be changed. I suggested Shawn as initial writer, so he should be listed. Perhaps Raphael would be another?  Up to the chairs. Could call for editors who care enough to write/clarify/contribute significantly.

No namespaces.

Then submit the request. The result will appear in the TC document archives after a few days (usually); questions will go from tc-admin to the TC list.
Thanks!

bill

--

William Cox