mqtt message

Subject: RE: Is the way clear to work on MEP in MQTT? Request for interested TC members

Apologies  – incorrect link to the request/reply document – the correct one is https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/mqtt/document.php?document_id=56842

From: mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Shawn McAllister
Sent: April-14-16 9:58 AM
To: William Cox; mqtt@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Bill,

While I missed yesterday’s WG call (apologies for that), from the call on Tuesday, in the charter discussion, we reviewed inclusion of the request/reply MEP activity that we started earlier and I’m happy with the charter wording to include that.  I will definitely be continue to be actively involved in developing this feature as part of MQTT v.next and look forward to the involvement and ideas of others as well.

As a recap: Where we are on this feature is that there is currently a draft dcommittee note document here (of which I am the editor) that contains the description of both the problem statement and currently proposed solution.  The solution describes overall how to provide a request/reply mechanism in MQTT but stops short of specific protocol procedures and encodings as we wait for the metadata work to progress (since there is currently no way to add new fields to MQTT3.1.1 as required by the request/reply feature and several other features being added to MQTT).

I will be adding a reference to this doc in the jira so they can be linked.

I look forward to progressing this and the other top work items in the MQTT WG into MQTT v.next.

Cheers,

Shawn