mqtt message

Subject: MQTT September face to face summary

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's MQTT TC face to face sessions both on-site and remotely. As agreed, the three day session qualified as a single TC meeting and I've now updated the attendance records. You can check your current voting rights status here > https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/mqtt/members/roster.php <

It was a hugely productive three days; we reviewed almost all Jiras in the system and completed deep dive sessions on around twenty, I'm sure you've noticed the resulting Jira update notifications which really captures the volume of work undertaken. Ian will be uploading minutes to our Kavi 'Meeting Notes' directory shortly. Jira is also up to date.

Next steps:

A number of Jiras have now been promoted to the editors for inclusion into our next working draft and they'll be working on this for the next week or so. The editors will provide a status update at our next TC call.

We still have a lot to do and so that we don't lose momentum, it was agreed at the face to face to move to a weekly TC call and to extend the call to 90 mins. Please note, this is intended as a temporary measure while we clear the backlog of edits and to provide additional TC time for refinement of proposals as any questions arise. It will also help to get our remaining list of 'in progress' Jira under control. The plan is to try this approach for a few weeks and then review. The next three meetings are now setup in Kavi.

Milestones:

Each working draft is a milestone, but wd07 will be important for v5.0 as it will integrate several Jiras approved at the face to face. There will be new concepts in there, so can I please encourage everyone to take some time to review and provide feedback. Your review and feedback is critical to the development of the protocol. Please use the core and edits components for v5.0 to raise any issues you might find.

Once again, thanks to everyone who took part in our September face to face and for making it a success. The TC owes an additional thank you to all those who travelled long distances and gave up personal time to attend.

If you have any questions or comments, then please use the TC mailing list or let Brian and me know.

Best regards

Richard