mqtt message

Subject: TC Admin feedback on MQTT V5.0 csprd01

Members of the MQTT TC,

TC Administration noted some problems in processing the MQTT V5.0 Committee Specification Draft. We provide the comments below to help you find and fix these on your next round of publication.

- The draft provided still contained changes. We were asked to accept all the changes ourselves. From now on, I ask that the editors accept all changes and do final QA on the draft before approving and submitting to us because I have no way of knowing whether some of the problems I encountered were as a result of accepting changes. In other words, I can't be sure (without going back and comparing versions) whether the problem was in my processing or was in the approved content and only became visible after the changes were accepted.

- In Appendix C, it looks like the wrong style was used on the subsection header. It is numbered 1.1 instead of C.1. Also, OASIS is in initial cap but should be all caps.

- Please check the right and left arrow characters (in section 2.2.1 but may be others as well). If they are done in Wingding fonts, please change them to arrow characters in the regular font. The Wingding fonts are changed to à and ß when we save as HTML.

- We found odd behavior, for example in sections 5.4.7, 5.4.3, 5.1, 5.2, where the RFC entries in the sentence were repeated at the end of the paragraph. They looked like this: "Client and Server implementations using TLS [RFC5246] can choose to provide capabilities to check Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs [RFC5280]) and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OSCP) [RFC6960] to prevent revoked certificates from being used.[RFC5246][RFC6960]." We are not sure what happened here because they were not that way in your source document. It may have something to do with with bookmarking. You may want to save drafts as HTML in the future and see if you see this happen again. However, unless you know that you did something unusual here, there is no need for you to take any action.

- The W3C link checker (https://validator.w3.org/checklink) found some broken links.

Broken fragments:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v5.0/csprd01/mqtt-v5.0-csprd01.html#RFC5246 (lines 22042, 24103, 24147, 24249, 24307, 24343, 24361, 24403, 24406, 24412, 24508, 24526, 24527, 24594, 24599)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v5.0/csprd01/mqtt-v5.0-csprd01.html#_Table_2.5_- (line 5633)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v5.0/csprd01/mqtt-v5.0-csprd01.html#_Table_3.3_- (line 13428)

- We found some instances of Error! Reference source not found, such as in sec. 4.10 and 4.10.2. This usually happens after some edits have removed or renamed a link target previously used.

- In section 1.5.4, above Figure 1.2, the the Chinese character used as an example is invisible in the PDF, and rendered as a box in MS-Word (at least for us), but is properly displayed in the HTML.

- It looks like the intended bookmark anchor for [RFC5246] was missing.

Please let us know if you have any questions on these.
--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393