oasis-board-comment message

Would the board consider removing contributor email addresses from
publicly visible archives of TC and other mailing lists?

Another member of the TC I belong to noticed this, and I remarked that
I'd noticed increased spam after joining the TC. Googling my email
address reveal the TC list archives as my only exposure to spam email
harvesting on the web.

I notice that even as a logged in member, I must use a form to contact
other members of the TC - the roster does not directly expose their
email addresses.

Why should list archives be less secure?