oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency] Re CAP-IPAWS Profile Specification Issues

On 20 Feb 2009, at 01:34, Mary McRae wrote:

> I'll let Jamie speak for himself,

I look forward to his response.

> but as the OASIS TC Administrator it is
> my responsibility to ensure that the TC Process Policy is adhered to.

Agree - but I think that the OASIS policies are missing key
requirements for open/transparent processes.
These are related to conflicts of interests.

Our friends over at W3C have addressed this and I recommend to OASIS
(and the Board) to adopt similar policies asap.

For example, COI policy for members:
   <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#coi>
and staff:
   <http://www.w3.org/2000/09/06-conflictpolicy>