oasis-board-comment message

Subject: RE: [oasis-board-comment] Proposed changes to the OASIS Bylaws

Eduardo,

Good question. Thanks for asking.

Currently there are two ways to become a Director:
1) Be elected by the Membership
2) Be appointed by the Board to fill a vacancy

The reason for "duly elected" is to prohibit a Director who is appointed
by the Board from being an Officer of OASIS.

The reason for "duly" is it just seems like a more legal way to write
it. Would I object to just "elected", "No". But I do ask, what is wrong
with prohibiting something even if it has never happened yet?

Regards,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM [mailto:Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:31 PM
To: oasis-board-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Regarding the proposed changes to Section 2 of Article 4, have there
ever been, are there now, or will there ever be unduly elected members
of the Board of Directors? Or duly non-elected members of the Board of
Directors? What is the reasoning behind the qualification of members of
the Board of Directors as "duly elected" in the proposed change?

--
Eduardo Gutentag        |    e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM