oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [board-agenda] Kavi "Delta" document and executive summary

Hi Eduardo.
Good points on formatting. The reason we haven't delved deeper into how
or whether to prioritize workarounds is that the Board asked us for a
"Delta document" - differences between what Kavi 5 offers today, and the
functionality we have from our customized Kavi. We (staff) took it upon
ourselves to suggest workarounds but how those are implemented will
largely depend on available resources. I trust that, with our document
in hand, the Board and the OASIS community will give us a clear way
forward.
I should also say, however, that we are working on an outsourced
solution where said workarounds and even possibly access to Kavi 5 APIs
(if, in fact these exist, but we are told they do...) will be handled by
a third party - a company that works closely with Kavi and carries out
this sort of assignment. I'm sure the details will sharpen as we get
closer to the Board meeting.
Drupal does not go out the window; on the contrary, it's already being
used by staff to update portions of content; moreover, we're told our
new public pages in the Kavi 5 scheme would in fact be developed using
Drupal and dovetail with what we already have.
More on this during the Board meeting: please stay tuned.
Thanks again.
Laurent

--
Laurent Liscia, Executive Director