oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Suggestion

I would like to make a suggestion for a change to the policy for keeping voting rights.  Voting rights are a privilege, IMO, for those members that are actively working on the standards.  This active participation right now is defined as attending meetings as there is no real way to track contributions on and off the email lists.  The tracking that takes place at meetings is good and should not be changed.  However, I would like to see the addition of tracking on voting for open ballots.  For example, if a member that has voting rights does not vote on an open ballot or may two consecutive open ballots, then they are not participating in the TC and, IMO, should lose their voting rights.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems
PGP Fingerprint: 62A6 5999 0F7D 0D61 4C66 D59C 2DB5 111D 63BC A303