oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [oasis-board-comment] Re: [board-agenda] October 26-28 OASIS Board Meeting Agenda

Hi Chet,

It is an open discussion session. I think it should more-or-less replicate the discussion we had in the Process Committee, but with the full Board present. (And my recollection is we cut the discussion short in Process, because we planned to have the full discussion at a future date and place.

I think the most important point to make, in order to set up the discussion, is the one you made in Process, namely: a significant percentage, perhaps even a very high percentage, of TCs are electing to stop after CS. That is the behavior we (I) wish to brainstorm about - is this a problem (or not) and if so what (if anything) should we do about it. I recall we also discussed whether this represented a cultural shift - perhaps CS is the main deliverable now, and OS is the "extra credit" step only needed for some specific scenarios. (I also recall us thinking this culture change might be a side effect of the dominance of open source.)

So any kind of chart or table that visually demonstrates that would be ideal, and what you describe below might do fine.

Dave Ings, Program Director,
IBM Open Technology & Partnerships
Mobile: +1 647-227-8630

Inactive hide details for Chet Ensign ---2016/10/19 01:25:41 PM---Hi Dave, On the topic of CS / OS positioning, is this to be aChet Ensign ---2016/10/19 01:25:41 PM---Hi Dave, On the topic of CS / OS positioning, is this to be an open

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
To: "oasis-board-comment@lists.oasis-open.org" <oasis-board-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 2016/10/19 01:25 PM

Hi Dave,

On the topic of CS / OS positioning, is this to be an open discussion/brainstorming session? Anything you would like me to prepare?

One thing I thought I would do quickly is a side-by-side listing of OASIS Standards (column 1) and Committee Specs (column 2). I thought I would color code the specs - red for those whose TC is closed, green for those I expect to see progress to OS. That would give the board members a quick snap shot of relative volumes.

What do you think?

/chet