oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [TC Admin] Ambiguity in TC Process about recording Individual's Attendance

Hal, thanks very much. This is very helpful and well timed because we are working through significant and substantive changes to the TC Process and thus a good time to add clarifications and improvements.

I agree with your specific point about the minutes. In fact, I've been drafting up a 'minutes best practices' email to send to the chairs list to help with their execution. The practice is far from consistent and I have lately had to help TCs out a couple of times with voting rights snafus. I also agree with you that there is a gap between what our rules say and what Kavi can do - the voting rights calculation being exhibit number one.

Part of the difficulty of course arises from my general inclination to be hands-off as much as possible and let the TCs do their work unimpeded. But minutes are a problem. The practice is just too inconsistent. Finding the minutes filed by TCs is quite important for me and sometimes makes more work for the TCs when I have to go back to them to fix things.

(By the way, I don't look at Kavi as the authoritative source of attendance because it is so inconsistently done. I have generally relied on the minutes. Perhaps I should tell TCs that I'm counting on their Kavi attendance from now on!)

I will go through the specific points you took the time to track down (thank you very much) and let you know what changes I propose to the Board. I'll also give it another read from the general tools perspective and fill you in on that as well. Again, this kind of detailed comment and suggestion is very very helpful.

More to follow.

/chet