oasis-board-comment message

Subject: Re: [chairs] Preview of the coming TC Process changes

Hello! I read the new documents with interest. I think it's a good
change.  I have one comment on the new document:

	 A TC Member who lacks voting rights shall gain voting rights at the
	close of the second consecutive Meeting of the TC that he attends.  If
	less than two Meetings are called within 60 days after the person
	becomes a Member, the Member shall gain voting rights at the close of
	the 60th day.

This is unchanged from the current rules, and its unclear
wrt who's responsibility it is to note the role change and update
in the system (which affects e.g. the electronic ballot forms).
Within virtio tc we assume it's Member's responsibility but
it would be nice to change the above to:

	 A TC Member who lacks voting rights shall gain voting rights
	upon requesting this from the TC chair after the close of the second
	consecutive Meeting of the TC that he attends.  If less than two
	Meetings are called within 60 days after the person becomes a Member,
	the Member shall gain voting rights after requesting this from the TC
	chair after the close of the 60th day.

I don't know whether it's too late for this change to take effect.

--
MST