oasis-board-comment message

Subject: TC and SC cochair lifetime election?

Hello,

I think the board should consider electing TC and SC cochairs for set terms (eg 2 years) instead of for life. I am NOT suggesting term limits (ie an existing cochair can get re-elected indefinitely). I recognize this may create issues for the dormant TCâs since they might get disbanded (since the current process calls for disbanding if there is no chair). But I think that is an independent issue should be addressed anyway.

I am NOT writing this because I want to depose anyone. I am currently a member of several TCâs and the cochair of the Language SC in the OpenC2 TC. When the OpenC2 TC was formed I wanted to serve as the cochair of a different SC but I agreed (prior to elections) to cochair the Language SC instead so weâd have an uncontested election (6 people, 2 cohairs for each of 3 SCâs). At the time, I did not realize this for would a lifetime decision. I looked in the TC Procedures and the only mention of elections appears to be a the creation of the TC. I personally think there should be periodic elections for all management positions.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/