oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: markup/mark-up in the Proposed Charter for OASIS Test AssertionsGuidelines (TAG) TC

In the text of the "Proposed Charter for OASIS Test Assertions
Guidelines (TAG) TC," [1] I see several occurrences of the spelling
"[Mm]ark-up":

XML Mark-up: An XML representation for TAs
when designing an XML mark-up for TAs
Public Review draft of the TA XML Mark-up
The TA Mark-up will be processed
Test Assertion XML representation - name: "TA Mark-up"

Would the Proposers be willing to consider changing the
spelling to "Markup/markup"?  As far as I know, the spelling
without hyphen is used in all official standards, informal
specifications, and initiatives.  For example:

Standard Generalized Markup Language
Extensible Markup Language
Extreme Markup Languages (Conference)

About 1.8 percent of attestations in Googlespace use a
hyphen, but I don't think it's an approved spelling.

Google:
Results 1 - 10 of about 31,700,000 for "markup language"
Results 1 - 10 of about 573,000 for "mark-up language"

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markup_language

Thanks,

Robin Cover
OASIS, Chief Information Architect