oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: RE: [oasis-charter-discuss] Comments on Proposed Charter for OASIS SET TC

Dr. Dogac,

You may consult this web site -
http://75.43.29.149:8080/display/public/UCM+-+Unified+Context+Methodology

Tony Coates may be the one you want to contact. There is a conference call
every two weeks on Thus.

- Serm
Oracle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prof. Dr. Asuman Dogac [mailto:asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:37 AM
To: von Riegen, Claus
Cc: oasis-charter-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Comments on Proposed Charter for OASIS
SET TC

Thank you very much for your email. It would indeed be very beneficial to
coordinate with TMG.

Allow me to present you some of our initial thoughts on how context can be
used for Core Component discovery and re-use which are realized within the
scope of the following work:

Semantic Enrichment for the Automated Customization and Interoperability of
UBL Schemas, Yalin Yarimagan, PhD Thesis, Dept. of Computer Eng., METU,
March 2008.

As I have mentioned these are just some initial thoughts; we intend to
develop the specification *collaboratively*.

I will highly appreciate if you could kindly guide me on how we can
concretely establish this collaboration. Many thanks.

Best regards,

Asuman

von Riegen, Claus wrote:

> I am wondering how the work in scope of the proposed SET TC relates to
> existing work around context methodology as part of the UN/CEFACT
> Techniques and Methodologies Group (TMG). TMG is already working on
> methodologies for describing and representing context information for
> core components.
>
> I would recommend the proposers of this TC to coordinate with the TMG
> in order to reuse as much as possible their work on context
> methodology for core components, particularly in light of the
> Memorandum of Understanding between OASIS and UN/ECE.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>  Claus
>
> *Claus von Riegen*
> Director Technology Standards and Open Source Global Ecosystem and
> Partner Group *SAP AG* Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16 69190 Walldorf, Germany T
> +49 6227 7-42589 F +49 6227 78-19953 M +49 160 8896870
> _claus.von.riegen@sap.com_ <mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com>
> _www.sap.com_ <http://www.sap.com/>

Professor Asuman Dogac             email: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
Director                           Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center                       +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.        Fax: +90 (312) 210 5572

Middle East Technical University        +90 (312) 210 1259
06531 Ankara Turkey                      skype: adogac