oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: RE: [CMIS] Question on IPR terms

I note that the proposed charter specifies "RF on RAND" for its IPR selection.

Considering that CMIS is an integrative technology for providing interoperable connection among elements of Content-Management-based applications, it strikes me there is a mutual benefit to the contributors and the industry that makes "RF on Limited Terms" the most inviting.

I am curious about the value that "RF on RAND" has in contrast with maximizing assurance of easy entry into an integration model that benefits from expanding numbers of elements available for interoperation.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org