oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: RE: [oasis-charter-discuss] Nonresponsiveness to Charter IPR Comments

Many thanks Orit
Plus I would add that we will be dealing with other SDO such as TM Forum, ITU-T etc.. and  working closely with them to get requirements from their documents. These SDO operate under RAND and as such this make the flow of information between the OASIS SOA TC and the other SDO more fluid.

Cheers
Abbie

From: Orit Levin [mailto:oritl@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:32 PM
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; oasis-charter-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

I am aware of an explicit discussion that did take place at the convener call and I am happy to summarize on this list why we think that the RAND mode of operation for this particular TC (SOA-TEL) is the most appropriate way to go:

1. This TC is NOT going to produce any technical specifications.
2. This TC is about gathering requirements backed up by use cases and scenarios and their applicability to existing technologies.
3. This TC is about bringing as many as possible telecoms and vendors working in the Telecom area who feel most comfortable with RAND to contribute to the discussion.

These are the reasons why, in our view, RAND will make SOA-TEL TC work more open, inclusive, and efficient.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ms. Orit Levin  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Entertainment & Devices Division  |  Microsoft Corporation

oritl@microsoft.com  |  V: +1 425 722 2225  |  F: +1 425 936 7329