oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: (energy-interop) What relationship to DOE OE?

I read the proposed charter for the Energy Interoperation TC but I don't see
any mention of the Department of Energy's Office of Electricity Delivery and
Energy Reliability. That office received $4.5 billion from the American
Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. From their website:

"As outlined in the legislation, these funds are an investment in a
nationwide plan to modernize the electric grid, enhance security of U.S.
energy infrastructure and ensure reliable electricity delivery to meet
growing demand. This represents a significant increase in the Department of
Energy's investment in grid modernization and reflects a recognition that a
more efficient and integrated grid is integral to achieving President Obama's
goals to significantly increase the use of renewable energy resources and to
improve the Nation's economic future."

Could someone clarify the relationship of the OASIS effort with this DOE
office's activities to develop the smart grid? Is NIST the connection?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net