oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Minutes of the MQTT convener call

Minutes of the MQTT convener call held 1/30/13:

- Attending: Scott de Deugd (convener), Diane Jordan, Paul Freemantle, Raphael Cohn and from OASIS Chet, Robin and Carol

- Paul Freemantle indicated that he and WS02 would like to co-propose. Scott will add him and add his statement of support.

- Discussed Question about whether to send C4P on 2/1 or wait until 2/8. Diane asked if there are possible additional co-proposers? Carol - not really. 16 org's in the pipeline but none teetering on the brink - but we'll go back and ask if you want to wait a bit. Agreed to send C4P on Monday, 2/4.

- Reviewed next steps and dates leading up to the inaugural meeting. Diane asked if we need all the meeting specifics in the charter & Chet explained that no, we need only date, time, host & whether teleconference or F2F. We have all that so the charter is set.

- Carol reviewed promotional actions that will happen next. Scott asked Carol to send him the outline for the FAQ. Diane mentioned that the event will be held in conjunction with EclipseCon - maybe OASIS and Eclipse can do something jointly? Carol to follow up.

- Scott asks if anyone from Eclipse has contacted Carol or Robin? Scott says they want to join in some capacity to participate. He will follow up.

- Carol notes that TC meeting proper will only be open to members. They may want to consider setting up a BoF to give info to non-members.

- Next steps:
  - Scott to send 'no comments' email to list
  - Scott to send me updated charter
  - Carol to send Scott FAQ outline
  - I send C4P on Monday, 2/4

/chet